AdRotator is a multi-platform, multi-provider advertising delivery platform for apps and games. It enables you to target multiple ad platforms and switch between them in a flexible way, allowing maximizing of your ad revenue.
AdRotator offers you the additional option to use your own ads through the framework and either rotate them into the pool or sell your own ad space. One of the most effective features of AdRotator is that it supports being configured externally to your deployed apps, allowing you to change it’s configuration on the fly as ad payment rates change or you want to target a single provider, your own ads can also be hosted externally allowing you to make the same changes.
Supported ad providers:
- Microsoft PubCenter
- Google AdMob
- Nokia Ad Exchange (NAX) / Inneractive
- New for V2 – Inmobi
- House Ads (New to V2)
Example Use Cases
The control can be used in a variety of ways. The most common use cases are:
- Swap ad providers on the fly - specify a single provider for the whole app and swap it to another when the eCPM goes down. E.g. have the app use PubCenter ads and if the eCPM goes down, change the remote XML and have the app switch to AdMob
- Configure ad providers based on culture - show different ad providers for different phone region settings (which usually map to physical location as well). E.g. show PubCenter ads to US users, AdMob to German users and AdDuplex to everyone else
- Configure probabilites of ad providers based on culture. This is the most complex (and most useful) scenario. Implementfor example the following use case:
- US: 70% PubCenter, 15% AdMob, 10% MobFox, 5% AdDuplex ads
- Germany: 80% AdMob, 10% PubCenter, 10% AdDuplex
- France: 100% AdMob
- Other: 25% PubCenter, 50% AdMob, 25% AdDuplex
- Have ads sliding in and out. Ads can be configured to slide in, stay for a give number of seconds, then slide out and stay hidden for another given number of seconds before sliding back in again. This behavior is useful both not to have apps present all the time, as well as to draw more attention to them. *Coming soon to V2
The following features are planned in the upcoming release(s):
- Mono Support (in progress)
- Unity Support (in progress)
- WinJS / Web Support
- Web API providers
Want to get involved?
AdRotator is now hosted using GIT on codeplex, so if you want to get involved just create your own fork and send your contributions to us, everybody is welcome.