*Note, with the release of AdRotator V2.0.1, we have updated the Unity install instructions!! – See here for more info
With a great fanfare and loud Harrumph, we are pleased to announce the first Beta of our new V2 AdRotating solution.
Lots of testing and fixes have gone into the beta and we have also now brought forward the sliding ad solution from V1 which works in exactly the same way it did before.
There are still a few outstanding things we are working that we will include in upcoming releases, such as Local house ad support.
In other news Gergely has started work on the WinJS version of AdRotator (now that a certain launch event has passed), so expect more news on that front.
Were proud to announce the release of our Unity3D plug-in for AdRotator. This enables you to use our Windows and Windows Phone AdRotator solution in Unity3D projects for those platforms and configure how AdRotator works directly from the Unity editor.
Using this is simple and goes like this:
- Download the Unity AdRotator asset from our codeplex site (We will look to publishing it on the Unity3D store at some later date)
- Add the Asset package to your Unity3D project
- In the scenes where you want AdRotator displayed, Ad the “AdRotatorManagement” manager game object to your scene (needs to be the top most item in the hierarchy), after installing the asset, this will appear in the game object create menu.
- Use the inspector to configure how you want AdRotator to display in your scene.
- Edit the AdRotator configuration files in the Assets / AdRotator folder (there is one for WinPhone and one for Win8 at the moment but we may unify that later) – Note don’t touch any of the other files
- When your ready, deploy your game to a Windows 8 C#/XAML or Windows Phone 8 project (these are the only two supported options at the moment)
- Lastly, open your generated solution and ad the V2 AdRotator beta to your project through NuGet and any other Ad Providers you wish to use.
And you’re done.
Many thanks to Jared Bienz and his crew over at Microsoft who made the initial release of the Unity plug-in possible!
**Note, check the readme that comes with the AdRotator NuGet package if you intend to use PubCentre, there is an additional step to pass the reference for PubCentre directly to AdRotator which will be needed.
Well have fun and enjoy the latest release and be sure to let us know how you get on.
As a closing note, we’ve been talking about putting a testimonials page on the site to get some feedback for how everyone is using adrotator, what your feelings are on the project and if possible your own advice on Ad Providers and monetisation. Just something to help all devs using the platform make the most out of it that they can. Hopefully everyone will learn something new from everyone else.
Simon (Darkside) Jackson
AdRotator is now also listed on the Windows 8 Services store, thanks to some great help from Gabriel Valdez Malpartida on the Windows team – Our thanks Gabriel.